Within walking distance of the lifts of Klosters village, luxurious family ski chalet Casa Chimera sleeps up to 10 guests in 5 en suite bedrooms for high end comfort on the slopes.
Fondly dubbed “Hollywood on the Rocks” in the 1950s, the Swiss village of Klosters came into its own drawing silver screen icons from Paul Newman to Audrey Hepburn to traditional eateries and insulation from glitz. Annual visits by the British Royal Family for over 30 years has cemented its reputation as the understated ski destination of choice.
It’s not just celebrities who flock to this mountainside gem: Klosters is ideally situated for the World Economic Forum held in nearby Davos each January. Over 2,000 attendees flock to the invitation-only convention, which brings together an eclectic brainiac mix of CEOs, politicians, academics, religious leaders, NGOs and the media to discuss global challenges in a stunning setting.
Casa Chimera’s concierge service and daily housekeeping take the hassle out of logistics. An on-site chalet couple arranges ski passes and lessons, ski equipment hire, taxis, restaurant reservations, massages and non-skiing activities.
Contact The Whistletrip for chalet bookings.
- Mobilize: Easy 15 minute drive from Davos, and 160 kms from well-served Zurich Airport. Klosters’ train station has a 1-hour direct service to St Moritz and fast services of approximately 2 hours to Zurich.
- Budget: Premiums are charged during the World Economic Forum, otherwise the rental rate comes to about £2,400 per room per week, plus food.
The Perfect Property: Casa Chimera
- Basement: Parking for up to 5 cars. Ski room with heated boot racks. Bicycle space
- Floor 1: Sauna and separate shower. 2 twin rooms with en suite bathrooms
- Floor 2: Entrance. Open plan living room with games, sitting, and dining sections. Separate kitchen. TV / audio room
- Floor 3: Fireplaces in each of 2 en suite master bedrooms. 1 en suite double bedroom
Spacious, light-filled, pristine Casa Chimera was built in 2005 with airy design and luxury finishes top of mind. The chalet’s size and layout is perfect for families or groups wanting quality time together without feeling crowded – while its location is also ideal for independent roaming. The village center is a few minute walk away, making it easy to potter home from dancing at tiny Klosters classic Casa Antica. Casa Chimera is also a short walk to Gotschna lift station and its cable car to Parsenn, the classic run linking Klosters and Davos.
- Sleep: Beautifully decorated, the 5 welcoming guest rooms benefit from plenty of windows for snowy views and natural sunlight. Feather pillows and warm duvets are plentiful and each bedroom has its own en suite bathroom.
- Eat: A chef works with your input to cook breakfast and three course dinner 6 days a week, and has hot beverages and fresh snacks waiting for you upon return from the slopes. The well-equipped kitchen has plenty of room for inevitable group congregating and the bright dining room sits 14.
- Work Out: Recovering from a day on the slopes is helped by a sauna with powerful, steaming showers, and plush robes and slippers. If you still have energy to spare, the chalet has sledges and a table tennis room.
- Wind Down: Reading is a pleasure in the light-filled central living area, with double-height ceilings, exposed rafters and comfortable sofas. A large double sided fireplace divides this from a games area, complete with a card table, board games and books. For movie nights, a separate TV/audio room has a wide screen television with cable, DVDs and video equipment.