Nestled in 19 acres of private parkland, Hall Farm House is a grand yet inviting 17th century manor. Its buildings sleep 12 guests in charming accommodations and offer tremendous amenities including an indoor heated pool and tennis court.
A traditional hamlet in a quiet corner of the English countryside, Knightcote is home to Hall Farm House and offers a convenient base from which to explore the history-filled counties of Warwickshire and northern Oxfordshire. Castles and stunning estates abound in the area: Warwick Castle, Charlecote Park, Upton House, Ragley Hall and Kenilworth Castle are all within a 30 minute drive. Options to soak up the spirit of the Bard are similarly close by in Stratford-Upon-Avon, where half-timbered Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s picturesque thatched cottage and acclaimed Royal Shakespeare Company theatre productions are only 25 minutes away.
Hall Farm House’s on-site manager can arrange housekeeping, catering and spa treatments to take the hassle out of logistics.
Contact The Whistletrip for manor bookings.
- Mobilize: Easy 30 minute drive from Birmingham airport and just 10 miles from each of Banbury, Leamington Spa or Warwick Parkway train stations. For those visitors coming from London, the drive is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and direct trains from Marylebone take 1 hour.
The Perfect Property: Hall Farm House
- Front of property: Private parking for four cars
- Floor 1: Lounge / games room. Dining room with seating for 10 / 11. Den. Kitchen. Laundry room. Cloakroom with toilet
- Floor 2: Master king bedroom with en-suite bathroom and dressing room. 2 twin / convertible king double bedrooms. 1 twin bedroom. 1 family bathroom
- Floor 1: Lounge / den
- Floor 2: Master king bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Floor 1: Lounge / den. Kitchen. Shower room with toilet
- Mezzanine: Double bedroom
With its bluebell woods, orchards, lakes, and rose gardens, Hall Farm House is a perfect retreat for family and friends, and is set in the midst of a wide enough variety of local sights to keep everyone cheerfully occupied.
- Sleep: Bedrooms have crisp white linens, low ceilings for cocooning, and antiques. Many have lovely views over the manor’s grounds.
- Eat: The classic farmhouse kitchen comes complete with that British cooking gem – a fabulous AGA. Also fully equipped with microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and Nespresso machine to make self-catering easy, the spacious kitchen also has plenty of room for inevitable group convening and a breakfast table with seating for 5. The Main House’s dining room has an open fire and seating for 10-11.
For meals during warmer weather, enjoy using the BBQ facilities on the terrace, complete with a covered outdoor seating area.
- Work Out: If walking, running or cycling through the extensive grounds are not vigorous enough exercise, you can channel your inner Wimbledon champion on the property’s tennis court or swim laps in the indoor heated pool – complete with a sauna, showers, changing room and toilet.
- Wind Down: The Main House has a games room with an open fire place, a TV with DVD player, a small snooker table and table football. The lounges in all the old Hall Farm House buildings are cozy, quaintly decorated, have warm exposed timbers, and are decked out with comfortable sofas to provide perfect nooks for curling up with a good book.
- Sneak off to: The Barn – a standalone unit with its own kitchen, full Sky TV package with DVD player, and an iPod dock. It is perfect for visiting group members wanting their own space or looking for a more modern interior design.
- Watch out for: Lack of showers by bedrooms. The Main House and Tower Block have bright and spacious bathrooms stocked with toiletries – but only handheld shower heads. You will need to duck into the pool area or the Barn if you crave a walk-in shower.